Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Macaroni Salad

So the potato salad is on hold until I actually have TIME to do it - something that's rare during the week. Instead, I made this macaroni salad recipe that I found a couple years ago on this website. At the time, I was trying to find something that was easy and didn't have 132 ingredients. I really liked this one because it was somewhat sweet and didn't taste too much like I was just eating salad dressing.

Macroni Salad
3 cups dry elbow macaroni, cooked and well drained (or other type of pasta)
3 stalks celery, sliced or diced
1/2 - 1 red bell pepper, diced
4 green onions, sliced thin
1/2 cup black olives, sliced (optional - I didn't use any)
1 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup fat-free Italian salad dressing
1/4 - 1/2 cup parmesean cheese

Cook macaroni until tender. Drain well. Rinse under cold water until cooled. Cut all veggies & set aside.

Mix mayo and Italian dressing until blended well. Add Parmesean cheese. Combine with veggies and enjoy!

**To be honest, I like this better the second day around. I also usually half this recipe, unless I'm making it for more than just my family. Chris isn't a huge macaroni salad fan, so it's usually just me & the boys eating it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails