Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Spanish Rice

I got this recipe from my good friend Liz...of course, nailing down specific measurements was a little difficult, but I've made this a few times and so far each time it's been yummy!

Spanish Rice
2 cups water
1 cup rice
1 Tbsp oil
1 Tbsp chicken boullion
1 clove minced garlic
1 tsp cumin
salt
pepper
tomato sauce OR ketchup
chopped union

Brown rice and oil until golden brown in a large skillet or pot. Combine remaining ingredients and heat up in microwave. Add to the rice, stir and get to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover (leaving vent open) and simmer for 20-30 minutes. DO NOT TOUCH BEFORE IT'S DONE!

Here is the oil and rice - I stirred frequently to keep any of the rice from burning.

Here is the rest of the ingredients in a bowl. If I had to guess, there's probably 1/4 to 1/2 cup of chopped onion in there.

Here's what it looks like combined!


I personally, like my Spanish Rice with some sour cream, but it's certainly good on it's own. It turned out light and fluffy and perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails