Sunday, March 21, 2010

300 or less

After a weekend of eating WAY too much food, and especially food that I KNOW isn't all that good for me, I have a new goal. I know that a lot of recipe websites have things that are 300 calories or less per serving, so I'm going on a hunt for those. HOWEVER, there's a requirement for what I find - not only must it taste good, but it has to use ingredients that I KNOW.

I happen to have a Cooking Light subscription at the moment, and honestly, I'm a bit more than disappointed. Although I know that the cooks for that magazine spend a LOT of time researching and testing before finally figuring on a great recipe to share, they usually have either 1) ingredients I've never heard of and therefore probably wouldn't try or 2) they have nuts.

I know that in a lot of cases, I can just use a recipe and omit the nuts. But sometimes you can tell that the recipe really depends on the nuts for flavor, crunchiness or something else that they feel is necessary.

I like simple ingredients that come together to make amazing foods. Wish me luck on this next adventure! (And yes, if I end up with lots of these 300 calorie or less recipes, I'll likely just have to start another blog!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails