Monday, November 28, 2011

Winter Pasta with Kale

So...it's not that I haven't COOKED in 9 months...but I really haven't done anything new lately.  Life is just SO BUSY! 

Anyhow...we had recently made some toscana soup and had WAY too much leftover kale.  But WHAT do you do with kale?  It's supposed to be a "superfood" but the only time I see it used is in a soup similar to the one I made.  Then I found this one from 101cookbooks.com: http://www.101cookbooks.com/archives/winter-pasta-recipe.html

I would imagine that if you had this all on hand, it would be SUPER easy to to make on a whim.  I myself, didn't use goat cheese - I used parmesean.

This all put together very quickly - I suggest peeling the garlic and shallots while the water is heating to a boil.  I did end up adding a tablespoon of hot water, and a splash of lemon juice.



My pictures aren't NEARLY as nice as the original blogger, so PLEASE check out the link for better photos. 

MY REVIEW:  I think next time, I'll add more salt & pepper, more lemon juice, and hold the thyme.  The thyme was OKAY but I didn't really need it.  I was actually really surprised that it didn't have a stronger taste after using 4 garlic cloves and 4 shallots, however I'm guessing that's because they are boiled in the water, not crushed. 

Everyone but Caleb liked the recipe!  And I definetly recommend eating it fresh & warm.  Mine ended up re-heated, which was fine but not great.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails