Monday, December 5, 2011

White Bean Dip

I'm a dipper.  I like dipping chips, carrots, whatever.  Maybe it's because it seems less "dry" when you dip things...or it could be just because it usually makes it taste better!  :-)  Anyhow, my favorite dips are usually also pretty heavy on the calories and/or the fat.  Not very encouraging when you really WANT to eat healthy!  So I found this recipe and finally got around to trying it this morning.  I LOVE it!  And it's so tasty that I feel like I'm indulging, when I'm really not.

White Bean Dip
1 (15.5 oz) can cannollini beans, rinsed & drained
1 Tbsp lemon juice
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 garlic clove
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp black pepper

Blend it all in a blender and serve chilled!  If you look online you'll find LOTS of different variations, but this one is SO simple but full of flavor.  (Probably the garlic...) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails