Thursday, July 1, 2010

Baked Paprika-Parmesan Chicken AND Bacon Tomato Rotini

I was down on ingredients so I quickly looked for something I could throw together.  Originally, I was going for a baked potato with my chicken, but when I got home I found they were no good.  So a pasta side dish it was!

Baked Paprika-Parmesan Chicken
1/4 cup flour
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
2 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 egg, beaten
2 Tbsp milk
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
1/4 cup butter, melted

Preheat oven to 350.  Coat a shallow baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.

Combine flour, parmesan, paprika, salt, and pepper in a bowl.  In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg and milk.  Dip chicken in the egg, then dredge in the flour mixture.  Place in the baking dish, and pour melted butter evenly over the chicken.

Bake about 1 hour, 15 minutes until cheese has bornwed, and chicken has cooked.

Bacon Tomato Rotini
1 lb rotini pasta
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup flour
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
2 1/2 cups milk
1/4 cup parmesean
2 tsp parsley flakes
8 slices backon (I used bacon bits)
2 medium tomatoes, chopped (I used only one - it's what I had on hand)

Cook pasta. In saucepan, melt butter & stir in flour, salt, pepper.  Blend in milk, stirring constantly over low heat until thick and bubbly.  Stir in cheese, parsley, bacon, tomato and rotini.  Toss to coat evenly and heat through.  Serve immediately.

MY REVIEW:  The chicken was good, although a little over-cooked and a bit dry.  Still very edible though - Brandon even ate some of his.  The pasta was good and Brandon LOVED it.  It was good the second day too, although I had to add some milk to the saucepan when heating it up to help make it creamy again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails