Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Almost-Lasagna

The recipe can be found here at cdkitchen.com.  I had this a couple weeks ago when my friend Tiffanni made it and the entire family LOOOOVED it!  I made this today and I'm already anxious for dinnertime!  Paired with a yummy french bread, it's the perfect dinner.

Almost-Lasagna
1 box your favorite pasta
2 jars (28-oz) pasta sauce (one with tomato chunks works well)
1 egg
1/2 lb ground beef
1/2 lb sausage
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 cup parmeesan cheese
1/2 cup italian breadcrumbs
1 bag mozzarella cheese
1 container (16-20 oz) ricotta cheese
2 eggs
1 cup parmesan cheese
1 1/2 tsp parsley flakes
1 dash each salt & pepper

Grease crock-pot, or spray with non-stick spray.  Cook pasta according to package directions, drain.  Brown and drain meat.  Toss pasta w/olive oil.

Add pasta sauce to mixture, toss well.  Stir together 1 cup parmesan cheese, breadcrumbs, 1 egg, 1/2 bag mozzarella cheese and brown meat.  Can sprinkle lightly with garlic powder (I didn't do this).  Beat together ricotta, 2 eggs, 1 cup parmesan cheese, parsley, salt & pepper.

Pour half of pasta/sauce/meat mixture into crock-pot.  Spread entire ricotta mixture over first layer of pasta.  Cover ricotta layer with remaining pasta mixture, and cover with remaining cheese.  Cover and cook on low 4-6 hours.

OKAY.  When Tiffanni made this, she accidentally mixed it ALL together.  It was fabulous.  So, since that was what I was used to, that's what I did - only I did top the remaining mozz. cheese.  I'm not a huge fan of having to layer things like that, so knowing that mixing it together would work out just fine, was good for me.

YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails