Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Blueberry Pie

Pastry for two-crust pie
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup flour
1/2 tsp cinnamon
6 cups blueberries
1 Tbsp lemon juice
1 Tbsp stick margarine or butter

Heat oven to 425.  Prepare pastry (or in my case, unroll it from the box it came from)

Mix sugar, flour and cinnamon in large bowl.  Stir in blueberries.  Turn into pastry-lined pie plate.  Sprinkle with lemon juice.  Dot with margarine/butter.  Cover with top pastry that has slits cut in it; seal and flute.  Cover edge with 2- to 3-inch strip of aluminum foil to prevent excessive browning.  Remove foil during last 15 minutes of baking.

Bake 35 to 45 minutes or until crust is brown and juice begins to bubble through slits in crust.  Cool in pie plate on wire rack.  Serve warm if desired.



I apologize - I forgot to take pictures while I was preparing it, but it really was very simple!  I've never made a pie before and blueberry is my favorite!  I can't wait to try this out tonight, with a bit of cool whip on top.  YUMMY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails