Sunday, January 31, 2010

WELCOME!

JUST how many blogs can I keep up with? Well, I suppose we'll just have to find out. Since I post a fair amount of recipes on my main blog, I decided it was just best to (copy my friend Sarah) just create a whole new blog devoted to food.

I tried out two new recipes tonight, one from Taste of Home and one from Kraftfoods.com.

Baked Halibut (you can find the recipe here if you'd like)
3 pounds halibut steaks (1 inch thick)
1 cup (8 oz) sour cream
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup butter, softened
1/2 tsp dill weed
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper

Place halibut in greased baking dish. Combine the rest of the ingredients and spoon over the fish. Cover and bake at 375 for 20 minutes. Uncover, sprinkle with paprika (optional). Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until fish flakes easily with a fork.

Roasted Red Potatoes with Bacon & Cheese (you can find the recipe here if you'd like)
1/2 cup ranch dressing
1/2 cup finely shredded italian style five cheese blend
1/4 cup bacon bits
2 lbs small red potatoes, quartered (about 6 cups)
1 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley

Preheat oven to 350. Mix dressing, cheese and bacon bits in a large bowl. Add potatoes; toss lightly. Spoon into lightly greased baking dish; cover with foil.
Bake 40 minutes. Remove foil; bake an additional 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Sprinkle with parsley. Makes 8 servings.
This is what the potatoes are supposed to look like. Mine were a little more baked looking. I actually cut both of these recipes in half. Brandon REALLY liked the fish - Caleb wouldn't even try it though. Chris thought the potatoes were a little bland, but I thought they were great. I suppose if you wanted to, you could sprinkle some more cheese/bacon on them a few minutes before they're done cooking to give them so more zest.

1 comment:

  1. Yay for recipe blogs, it makes them so much easier to find and share!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails